Published on January 12, 2016
SCOTT EASTWOOD, MILES TELLER and ANSEL ELGORT are among the actors on the shortlist to play a young Han Solo in the upcoming STAR WARS spin-off film.
Bosses at Disney and Lucasfilm are working on a movie centred on Harrison Ford’s rebellious pilot character in the blockbuster franchise, and after a reported 2,500 male actors auditioned for the role, sources tell Variety executives have now cut the list down to about a dozen stars.
Clint Eastwood’s son Scott is reportedly in the running, along with Divergent co-stars Teller and Elgort, Dave Franco, Logan Lerman, Jack Reynor, Brooklyn’s Emory Cohen and former Glee star Blake Jenner.
The as-yet-untitled movie is expected to begin production next year (Jan17), with a release date set for 2018.
As for Ford, who recently reprised the role for the fourth time in Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens, he told reporters last month (Dec15) that he wants no involvement in the casting process or any aspects of production.
“I don’t know what to think about that,” he said of the spin-off during a press conference in London. “I’m glad that somebody else is going to have the burden of being young. It’s well beyond my understanding or control and I want nothing to do with it, in the nicest possible way. I know it will be well done… it’s nothing to do with me.”